We offer quality, experience,
and the latest in esthetic dentistry.
GREEN Dentistry in Urbandale, IA
At Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry, we don’t think it’s enough to just deliver clean smiles, we care to keep our planet clean, too. Living in the digital age has made it easier than ever to stick to our commitment to leave the smallest carbon footprint we can.
- Digital Radiographs
- Switching to digital radiographs significantly reduces radiation exposure by up to 75%, making them safer for use. Digital radiographs are automatically processed to our computer screens using our sensors – we do not use phosphor plates in order to minimize plastic waste used to cover the “film”. This also eliminates the use of chemical developer once used for analog radiographs. Digital radiographs are easier to read which aids in accurate diagnosis.
- Itero Element Intraoral Scanner
- No more icky impression materials! Our Itero Element scanner has allowed us to eliminate the use of traditional impression materials for crowns, bridges, implant crowns, night guards, and even partial dentures. The Itero is a digital scanner that takes up to 6000 intraoral photos per second, then creates a 3D digital model. The scan is then sent to one of many local labs to fabricate an accurate, beautiful restoration. The Itero saves on time and the use of disposable materials and waste, while still being comfortable for patients.
- We have minimized paper in our clinic by switching to digital records. All of our paper products we use are made from recycled materials. Many of our referrals to specialists are now email or done online. We can even email paperwork and treatment plans to patients.
- In order to minimize plastic waste, we have switched many of our products to glass, stainless steel, or ceramic. Any plastic we have is BPA-free.
- We have paper and plastic recycling bins available throughout the clinic. Most paper and disposable products used in clinic are made from recycled materials.
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- We are switching our cleaning products to be bio-friendly, while still providing broad spectrum, hospital grade disinfection.
- Most of our equipment runs on energy saver modes. All clinic lighting is LED with a plan to add motion sensors to aid in conserving energy.
- Digital Radiographs
If you’d like to learn more about our Green Dentistry initiatives in Urbandale, IA, call our office today.