We offer quality, experience,
and the latest in esthetic dentistry.
Do you need a dentist in the Urbandale area? Welcome to Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry, where we provide quality dental care for patients of all ages. We offer a wide range of services, from general checkups to Invisalign in Urbandale IA. We’re dedicated to providing our patients with the best possible experience, and we make sure to prioritize customer service and comfort.
A Clear Choice For Kids & Teens
We are proud to offer Invisalign to our patients of all ages! Invisalign is an excellent option for children and teens looking for an alternative to traditional metal braces, including metal brackets glued to the teeth. Unlike Invisalign, braces are not removable, so you must be careful about what you eat. And because they’re made of metal, they’re more visible than Invisalign aligners.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a transparent aligner system that we use to straighten teeth. The aligners are made from a transparent, plastic material that is virtually invisible when worn. Invisalign aligners are also removable, which means they can be taken out for eating and brushing. Being removable makes them much more comfortable and easier to care for than traditional metal braces.
The best way to determine if Invisalign is right for your child or teen is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bilbeisi and his team. We will examine your child’s teeth during the consultation and discuss the treatment options. If you decide to move forward with Invisalign, the next step is to have impressions of your child’s teeth made. We use these impressions to create custom aligners.
Once the aligners are ready, your child or teen must wear them for 20-22 hours daily. They’ll also need to visit us every four to six weeks so we can monitor the progress.
It would be best if your teen or child did a few things to ensure the clear aligners stay clean and effective. First, your child or teen must brush their teeth after every meal, using a soft-bristled brush and gentle circular motions. They should also floss at least once daily, careful not to snag the floss on their aligners. In addition, it’s best to clean the aligners regularly with mild soap and lukewarm water. By following these simple tips, they can keep your Invisalign aligners clean and effective and be well on their way to a beautiful straight smile.
Invisalign is also a good choice for people with busy schedules or who play sports, as the aligners are removable and won’t get in the way.
We don’t recommend Invisalign for people with severe dental problems, such as significant gaps between their teeth or very crooked teeth. In these cases, traditional braces may be a better option.
If you think Invisalign might be right for your child or teen, we invite you to call us today to schedule a consultation. Our experienced team would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about this treatment option. We look forward to helping your child or teen achieve the beautiful, healthy smile they deserve!
Invisalign in Urbandale IA
You can rest assured that your family is in good hands at Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry. We have the experience and expertise to care for your dental needs. And we always put our patients first so that you can expect nothing but the best from us.
Invisible braces have become increasingly popular in recent years as more people seek alternatives to traditional metal braces. If you’re considering invisible braces for your child or teenager, we can help! We offer Invisalign treatments that are fast, effective, and practically invisible. Contact us today to get started!
Are you looking for a new smile? We provide high-quality family dentistry services at Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry. We offer everything from cosmetic dentistry to dental exams in Urbandale, so you can be sure you’re getting the best care for your needs. We know how important it is to have a great smile, and we’re dedicated to helping you achieve that.
Dr. Ayah Bilbeisi understands the importance of preventative dentistry and routine checkups. During a checkup, we can help you prevent common dental issues and keep an eye out for things like oral cancer.
November is Oral Cancer Awareness Month, and we are committed to spreading awareness about the importance of oral health. Oral cancer is a severe disease that can be fatal if not caught early, and we want to do our part to ensure that our patients are informed and proactive about their oral health.
The Importance of Dental Exams in Urbandale – Oral Cancer Awareness Month
Fortunately, oral cancer is relatively rare. But it is possible for anyone, and it’s a good idea to be proactive about early detection. Oral cancer is also one of the most deadly forms of cancer. The good news is that oral cancer is highly treatable when caught early.
During your next dental visit, Dr. Bilbeisi can perform a thorough oral cancer screening as part of our commitment to providing comprehensive dental care. We encourage you to ask any questions about oral cancer and what you can do to reduce your risk.
What Happens During a Checkup?
A routine dental exam is vital for maintaining good oral health. During a routine exam, Dr. Bilbeisi will check for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. He and his team will also clean your teeth and assess your need for fluoride treatment. If you have questions about oral health, this is also an excellent time to ask us.
Oral cancer screenings are also an essential part of a routine exam. We will look for signs of cancerous or precancerous cells in your mouth. Early detection is key to successful treatment, so it is essential to see us regularly.
In the meantime, here are some facts about oral cancer that everyone should know:
Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
There are several risk factors associated with oral cancer, including:
- Tobacco use: Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and smokeless tobacco all increase your risk of developing oral cancer. People who use tobacco products have a six times greater risk of developing oral cancer than those who do not.
- Alcohol use: People who drink alcohol excessively are at an increased risk of developing oral cancer. It is estimated that 75% of people diagnosed with oral cancer are heavy drinkers.
- HPV infection: The human papillomavirus (HPV) is a sexually transmitted virus linked to an increased risk of several cancers, including cervical and oral cancers.
- Age: The vast majority of people diagnosed with oral cancer are over the age of 40. However, the incidence of oral cancer among young adults has increased in recent years due to the increased prevalence of HPV infection.
- Gender: Men are twice as likely as women to develop oral cancer.
- Sun exposure: Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun can damage the DNA in your cells and increase your risk of skin cancers, including those on your lips.
Dental Exams in Urbandale
Oral Cancer Awareness Month is a great time to educate yourself about the risks associated with this disease and what you can do to reduce your risk. Remember to visit your dentist regularly for screenings and cleanings, and don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have about oral health. Together we can help ensure everyone enjoys a healthy smile for years to come!
Parents, are you looking for a family dentist your children will love in Urbandale? Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry is the perfect place for your family. We specialize in caring for the teeth and gums of children, and we know how to make sure that they feel comfortable during their appointment. Our team takes the time to get to know each of our young patients, helping them relax and enjoy their dental care. We are the top children’s dentist in Urbandale.
One of the specialties we provide is preventative dentistry. Our goal is to help your children avoid cavities and other dental problems by teaching them how to care for their teeth properly.
You can trust that your child is in good hands at Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry. We will care for all their dental needs while ensuring they have a fun and enjoyable experience. Schedule an appointment today!
Preventative Dentistry and Caring For Your Children’s Teeth
As a parent, you know caring for your children’s teeth is essential. After all, healthy teeth are crucial for a lifetime of good oral health. But with so many different things to think about, it can be tough to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together this list of eight helpful tips for caring for your children’s teeth.
- Start early. It’s never too early to start caring for your child’s teeth. You should start cleaning your baby’s gums before their first tooth comes in. Use a soft, wet cloth or gauze pad to massage their gums after each feeding gently.
- Use the right toothbrush. The size of the brush matters when choosing a toothbrush for your child. Look for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles. And don’t forget to replace it every three months or sooner if the bristles fray.
- Be gentle. You might be tempted to scrub hard when brushing your child’s teeth, but that can damage their delicate gums and teeth. Instead, use gentle circular motions and let the toothbrush do the work for you.
- Fluoride is your friend. Fluoride is a mineral that helps strengthen teeth and prevent cavities. You can find fluoride in tap water and many types of toothpaste. Talk to Dr. Bilbeisi about whether or not fluoride treatments are suitable for your child.
- Avoid sugary snacks and drinks. Sugar is one of the main culprits behind cavities, so limiting your child’s intake of sugary snacks and beverages like candy, cookies, cake, soda, and fruit juice is essential. Opt for healthier alternatives like fruits and vegetables instead.
- Teach them to floss. Flossing is just as important as brushing to keep teeth healthy and cavity-free. Please help your child get into the habit of flossing by demonstrating how to do it yourself and then supervising as they do it themselves until they can do it on their own.
- Schedule regular dental checkups. Cavity prevention is critical, so be sure to schedule regular dental checkups for your child starting at around two or three years old. These checkups will help ensure that their teeth are healthy and that any problems are caught early on.
- Be a good role model. The best way to encourage healthy habits is by setting a good example yourself. Be sure to brush and floss twice daily and visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and checkups. Your children will follow your lead.
Children’s Dentist in Urbandale, Iowa
Cavity prevention starts at home with proper oral care habits. By following these eight tips, you can help ensure that your child has strong, healthy teeth that will last a lifetime. Please schedule an appointment with us today! We would be happy to answer any questions about caring for your children’s teeth.