We offer quality, experience,
and the latest in esthetic dentistry.
Experiencing tooth pain can be unbearable and frustrating. However, there are solutions to help you, including root canal treatment. Root canal treatment is a dental procedure that many will associate with fear and anxiety. However, the truth is that root canal treatment is a standard procedure that can save and preserve teeth that have been severely damaged or infected. Our excellent dentist, Dr. Ayah Bilbeisi at Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry in Urbandale, Iowa, can help keep your tooth with root canal treatment.
At Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry, our fantastic team treats everyone who comes in for care like family. We love to get to know each person and focus on ensuring the best, personalized care for all. We promise a range of complimentary options, from blankets to neck wraps, to help ensure total comfort for each of our patients, as your care, comfort, and health are our top priority! If you have been struggling with tooth pain and think a root canal is your option, don’t hesitate to call our office today.
What is a Root Canal?
Root canal treatment is a dental procedure that treats infected or damaged teeth. If you have a cavity, a crack, or a deep injury to your tooth, bacteria can enter the tooth’s pulp and cause an infection. The infection can then spread to the tooth’s root, causing pain, swelling, and even abscesses. Root canal treatment is designed to remove the infected pulp from the root canal and replace it with a filling to restore the tooth.
The Root Canal Procedure Process
If you are suffering from a cracked tooth or a cavity, a root canal may be an excellent option to help heal your tooth and stop the infection from spreading. When you need a root canal treatment, there are 1-2 appointments to complete.
During the initial appointment, Dr. Ayah Bilbeisi will numb the area around the tooth before opening the crown of the tooth to access the pulp. The infected pulp will then be removed, and the roots cleaned and disinfected. Once the canal is empty, it will be filled with a rubber-like material, and a filling or crown will be placed over the tooth to protect and restore its function.
Aftercare For Root Canal Treatment
Aftercare for root canal treatment is critical to ensure proper healing and prevent further infection.
- Pain Relief: After the procedure, it is normal to experience sensitivity and discomfort for the first few days. However, you can relieve the symptoms with over-the-counter pain medication and ice packs.
- Diet: There is no special diet after the appointment. However, you must avoid eating hard, crunchy, or sticky foods, which can damage your new filling or crown after the root canal treatment.
- Oral Hygiene: Ensure you brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily. Proper oral hygiene will help ensure your smile’s health and prevent decay from occurring again.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment has several benefits, including:
- Eliminating Discomfort: Having an infected tooth can be uncomfortable and cause pain. However, a root canal treatment can alleviate your pain and heal your tooth.
- Saving Teeth: A root canal is an excellent procedure that can help to keep your teeth from needing tooth extraction and dental implants. A root canal can save your natural tooth and remove the decay-causing damage before it worsens.
- Preventing Infection: After a root canal, Dr. Ayah Bilbeisi will place a filling or crown over your tooth to help stabilize it and ensure no infection is spreading to other teeth.
- Good Oral Health: With this excellent procedure, you can work on maintaining your oral hygiene to help ensure your teeth stay healthy and do not suffer from any more decay and pain.
Root Canal Treatment in Urbandale, Iowa
Root canal treatment is an essential dental procedure that can help preserve your teeth and keep your oral health in excellent condition. With the exceptional care you can receive at our office, you can get the care you need while feeling comfortable and relaxed. If you need root canal treatment, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Ayah Bilbeisi today to discuss your options and determine the best course of action to restore your oral health.