We offer quality, experience,
and the latest in esthetic dentistry.
When you have children, taking good care of their teeth is important. Our priority is to deliver a pleasant, relaxing dental experience and develop relationships with our patients. Our Urbandale children’s dentist offers a variety of dental care services. Whether you’re getting ready for your child’s first visit or a routine checkup, see why people from Urbandale, IA come to Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry!
The Difference Between General Dentistry and Family Dentistry
General dentistry is the branch of medicine concerned with diagnosing and treating disorders of the teeth, gums, and oral cavity. General dentists usually complete a four-year dental program at a university or college. After graduation, they must pass a national licensure examination to practice. General dentists can also choose to specialize in one or more areas of dentistry, such as orthodontics, periodontics, or oral surgery.
Family dentistry is a branch of general dentistry that focuses on providing care for patients of all ages, especially younger patients. Family dentists typically complete a two-year residency program after completing their four-year dental degree. This degree allows them to gain additional training in caring for children, adolescents, and adults.
Children’s and Family Dentistry in Urbandale, IA
You typically want your child to see a dentist who is qualified to see children. And for several reasons, we think our family and children’s dental practice in Urbandale is superior to others.
First, we have a convenient location for all your family’s dental care. Our dentist has specialized training, and we have the most up-to-date equipment.
Next, our staff members are professionals. We take the time to get to know you and your children as patients and understand your prior dental history. Plus, we schedule multiple appointments during one day, making it convenient to see every member of your family at once.
Finally, we are ready for emergencies. Whether your kid has an accident or knocks out a tooth, we are here to help you.
Urbandale Children’s Dentist
Children’s dentists are specially trained to care for the unique needs of young patients. They understand the importance of developing good oral hygiene habits early in life. They are committed to providing children with the education and resources they need to maintain healthy teeth and gums. In addition, children’s dentists are experienced in treating a wide range of dental problems that are common in childhood, such as teething pain, cavities, and gum disease. As a result, they can provide children with the necessary treatment and care to prevent these conditions from becoming more serious.
Your Child’s First Dental Appointment
A child’s first dental appointment is an essential milestone in their oral health journey. At this appointment, Dr. Ayah Bilbeisi, our family dentist, will assess your child’s oral health and development and guide them on how to care for their teeth. Dr. Bilbeisi will also clean your child’s teeth and check for any signs of decay or other problems. This appointment is an excellent opportunity to ask any questions you may have about your child’s oral health and get expert advice on how to care for their teeth.
Children and Family Dentistry in Urbandale
Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry offer a wide range of children’s dentistry services. From preventative care to early intervention for cavities, our team is dedicated to providing the best possible care for your child. We understand that children can be anxious about going to the dentist, which is why we take a gentle and patient approach with every patient.
Whether it’s your child’s first visit or a routine checkup, we want them to feel comfortable and relaxed while in our care. As a family dentist, we also offer convenient appointment times that work around your busy schedule. You can rest assured knowing that your child is in good hands at Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation!
Parents, are you looking for a family dentist your children will love in Urbandale? Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry is the perfect place for your family. We specialize in caring for the teeth and gums of children, and we know how to make sure that they feel comfortable during their appointment. Our team takes the time to get to know each of our young patients, helping them relax and enjoy their dental care. We are the top children’s dentist in Urbandale.
One of the specialties we provide is preventative dentistry. Our goal is to help your children avoid cavities and other dental problems by teaching them how to care for their teeth properly.
You can trust that your child is in good hands at Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry. We will care for all their dental needs while ensuring they have a fun and enjoyable experience. Schedule an appointment today!
Preventative Dentistry and Caring For Your Children’s Teeth
As a parent, you know caring for your children’s teeth is essential. After all, healthy teeth are crucial for a lifetime of good oral health. But with so many different things to think about, it can be tough to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together this list of eight helpful tips for caring for your children’s teeth.
- Start early. It’s never too early to start caring for your child’s teeth. You should start cleaning your baby’s gums before their first tooth comes in. Use a soft, wet cloth or gauze pad to massage their gums after each feeding gently.
- Use the right toothbrush. The size of the brush matters when choosing a toothbrush for your child. Look for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles. And don’t forget to replace it every three months or sooner if the bristles fray.
- Be gentle. You might be tempted to scrub hard when brushing your child’s teeth, but that can damage their delicate gums and teeth. Instead, use gentle circular motions and let the toothbrush do the work for you.
- Fluoride is your friend. Fluoride is a mineral that helps strengthen teeth and prevent cavities. You can find fluoride in tap water and many types of toothpaste. Talk to Dr. Bilbeisi about whether or not fluoride treatments are suitable for your child.
- Avoid sugary snacks and drinks. Sugar is one of the main culprits behind cavities, so limiting your child’s intake of sugary snacks and beverages like candy, cookies, cake, soda, and fruit juice is essential. Opt for healthier alternatives like fruits and vegetables instead.
- Teach them to floss. Flossing is just as important as brushing to keep teeth healthy and cavity-free. Please help your child get into the habit of flossing by demonstrating how to do it yourself and then supervising as they do it themselves until they can do it on their own.
- Schedule regular dental checkups. Cavity prevention is critical, so be sure to schedule regular dental checkups for your child starting at around two or three years old. These checkups will help ensure that their teeth are healthy and that any problems are caught early on.
- Be a good role model. The best way to encourage healthy habits is by setting a good example yourself. Be sure to brush and floss twice daily and visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and checkups. Your children will follow your lead.
Children’s Dentist in Urbandale, Iowa
Cavity prevention starts at home with proper oral care habits. By following these eight tips, you can help ensure that your child has strong, healthy teeth that will last a lifetime. Please schedule an appointment with us today! We would be happy to answer any questions about caring for your children’s teeth.