We offer quality, experience,
and the latest in esthetic dentistry.
You worry a lot about your children’s health and want to ensure that you regularly take your kids to the dentist. Even the smallest children should receive regular dental treatment. This is why it’s crucial for parents to frequently get their kids’ teeth cleaned by Dr. Ayah Bilbeisi. Here at Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry, we are the top children’s dentist in Urbandale.
What is Children’s Dentistry?
A children’s dentist has the training and experience to provide dental care for children of all ages. Children’s dentistry is a specialized field focusing on children’s teeth and gums’ unique needs. A general dentist can provide comprehensive dental care for children and adults but may not have the specialized training and experience to provide children’s dental care. As a result, children’s dentists are often the best choice for families who need dental care for their children.
Why are Dental Checkups Important?
Dental checkups are an essential part of preventative care for children of all ages. Regular dental checkups bring many benefits, including:
- They help to ensure that children’s teeth are healthy and free of cavities.
- They provide an opportunity for children to learn about proper oral hygiene habits.
- They allow children to get to know their dentist and feel comfortable.
- They help to detect any potential problems early so that they can be treated before they become more serious.
What to Expect During My Child’s Dental Checkup
A child’s dental checkup is integral to maintaining good oral health, so it is crucial to be prepared. During a child’s dental checkup, Dr. Bilbeisi will examine your child’s teeth and gums for any signs of decay or other problems. Dr. Bilbeisi may also take X-rays to check for issues that cannot be seen with the naked eye and recommend sealants or other treatments to help protect the teeth from decay. We will also check for any potential areas of concern, such as crowding or tooth grinding. In addition, we may apply fluoride. Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay and can be especially helpful for children at increased risk for cavities.
After the checkup, the dentist will discuss any findings with you and answer any questions you may have. Dr. Bilbeisi may also guide you on how to care for your child’s teeth at home such as proper brushing and flossing techniques. By scheduling regular dental checkups for your child, you can help to ensure their teeth remain healthy and strong. We recommend that children have a dental checkup at least twice a year.
Preventing Dental Anxiety
Your kids might believe that their first visit to the dentist is a one-time event when they come. They can exhibit worry that they have to return instead of happiness that going to the dentist can be fun. Don’t let your kids dread going to the dentist because as they become older, that anxiety can prevent them from going at all.
Although you don’t have to reward them every time, you might occasionally give them a small treat and remind them of the value of visiting the dentist if they want to keep their teeth healthy. If needed, you can always bring them in before their appointment so we can give them a tour and get them comfortable sitting in the chair. We can go through all the fun tools we use to clean our teeth. We will do everything possible to ensure your child is comfortable during their visit.
Children’s Dentist in Urbandale, IA
If you are looking for the top children’s dentist in Urbandale, come to Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry. Schedule your child’s checkup today!
Parents, are you looking for a family dentist your children will love in Urbandale? Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry is the perfect place for your family. We specialize in caring for the teeth and gums of children, and we know how to make sure that they feel comfortable during their appointment. Our team takes the time to get to know each of our young patients, helping them relax and enjoy their dental care. We are the top children’s dentist in Urbandale.
One of the specialties we provide is preventative dentistry. Our goal is to help your children avoid cavities and other dental problems by teaching them how to care for their teeth properly.
You can trust that your child is in good hands at Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry. We will care for all their dental needs while ensuring they have a fun and enjoyable experience. Schedule an appointment today!
Preventative Dentistry and Caring For Your Children’s Teeth
As a parent, you know caring for your children’s teeth is essential. After all, healthy teeth are crucial for a lifetime of good oral health. But with so many different things to think about, it can be tough to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together this list of eight helpful tips for caring for your children’s teeth.
- Start early. It’s never too early to start caring for your child’s teeth. You should start cleaning your baby’s gums before their first tooth comes in. Use a soft, wet cloth or gauze pad to massage their gums after each feeding gently.
- Use the right toothbrush. The size of the brush matters when choosing a toothbrush for your child. Look for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles. And don’t forget to replace it every three months or sooner if the bristles fray.
- Be gentle. You might be tempted to scrub hard when brushing your child’s teeth, but that can damage their delicate gums and teeth. Instead, use gentle circular motions and let the toothbrush do the work for you.
- Fluoride is your friend. Fluoride is a mineral that helps strengthen teeth and prevent cavities. You can find fluoride in tap water and many types of toothpaste. Talk to Dr. Bilbeisi about whether or not fluoride treatments are suitable for your child.
- Avoid sugary snacks and drinks. Sugar is one of the main culprits behind cavities, so limiting your child’s intake of sugary snacks and beverages like candy, cookies, cake, soda, and fruit juice is essential. Opt for healthier alternatives like fruits and vegetables instead.
- Teach them to floss. Flossing is just as important as brushing to keep teeth healthy and cavity-free. Please help your child get into the habit of flossing by demonstrating how to do it yourself and then supervising as they do it themselves until they can do it on their own.
- Schedule regular dental checkups. Cavity prevention is critical, so be sure to schedule regular dental checkups for your child starting at around two or three years old. These checkups will help ensure that their teeth are healthy and that any problems are caught early on.
- Be a good role model. The best way to encourage healthy habits is by setting a good example yourself. Be sure to brush and floss twice daily and visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and checkups. Your children will follow your lead.
Children’s Dentist in Urbandale, Iowa
Cavity prevention starts at home with proper oral care habits. By following these eight tips, you can help ensure that your child has strong, healthy teeth that will last a lifetime. Please schedule an appointment with us today! We would be happy to answer any questions about caring for your children’s teeth.