We offer quality, experience,
and the latest in esthetic dentistry.
Are you looking for the best Children’s Dental Health? The Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry team are here to provide comprehensive and affordable dental care. We offer a wide range of services, from general checkups to clear braces, fillings, and treatments for gum diseases. With our advanced equipment and experienced team of professionals, we guarantee that you’ll receive quality service with every visit. And did you know that February is Dental Health Month for Children? It’s the perfect time to schedule your child’s first dental appointment!
At Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry, we want you and your family to feel welcome in our office year-round—not just during February! We encourage you to reach out if you have any questions about how we can help keep your family smiling bright! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Celebrating Dental Health Month for Children with Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry
Children’s Dental Health Month is a time to celebrate the importance of oral hygiene, preventative dental care, and good nutrition for children. Dr. Ayah Bilbeisi and her team understand the importance of teaching children healthy habits that will stick with them for life.
As your trusted family dentist in Urbandale, Iowa, we want to share the importance of children’s dental health during this month-long celebration. Not only do proper oral hygiene habits impact your child’s overall well-being now, but they also set them up for future success. We’re here to help provide you and your child with the education and resources needed to take on a lifetime of healthy smiles!
Why is Your Child’s Dental Health so Important?
Your child’s oral health directly correlates with overall well-being—it goes beyond just brushing and flossing twice daily. Various issues can arise from poor oral hygiene or lack thereof, from cavities to gum disease. Children who receive regular checkups at our office are more likely to maintain good oral hygiene habits throughout their lives. Additionally, regular checkups can help detect potential problems early on, which may be more costly or difficult to treat if left untreated.
A healthy mouth is vital for overall physical health, so taking your child to the dentist as soon as their first tooth erupts or at least by their first birthday is recommended. Visiting the dentist should become common for children, as it helps ensure healthy teeth now and into adulthood. It is recommended that children go to the dentist twice a year. Visiting the dentist regularly also helps children become accustomed to a dental visit, making it less intimidating. The appointment timing can be essential for congenital conditions and corrective procedures that could give your child the best chance of maintaining healthy teeth into adulthood.
In addition to regular visits to our office for cleaning and checkup appointments, there are other ways you can ensure your child is taking care of their teeth properly:
- Talk to your child about the importance of brushing twice daily (for two minutes each time!) and flossing once daily.
- Make sure they eat balanced meals full of all the essential vitamins and minerals needed for healthy teeth. Avoid snacks too high in sugar or acidic drinks such as soda or juice, which can lead to cavities over time.
- If your child plays contact sports, wear a mouthguard while playing! The mouthguard will protect them from any potential injuries while having fun!
Optimal Dental Health For Children
February is Children’s Dental Health Month – a time to celebrate the importance of taking care of our smiles! At Cedar Ridge Esthetic and Family Dentistry, we strive for excellence in providing top-quality dental services for adults and children alike. Our team is committed to helping families achieve optimal oral health through preventive measures such as professional cleanings, X-rays, fluoride treatments, sealants, nutritional counseling, orthodontic evaluations & more!
Your oral health is always in good hands at our practice. Let’s get those smiles shining bright together! So join us during this month-long celebration by scheduling an appointment today (515) 270-8301 or visit us online https://cedarridgedentistry.com.
Are you looking for a new smile? We provide high-quality family dentistry services at Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry. We offer everything from cosmetic dentistry to dental exams in Urbandale, so you can be sure you’re getting the best care for your needs. We know how important it is to have a great smile, and we’re dedicated to helping you achieve that.
Dr. Ayah Bilbeisi understands the importance of preventative dentistry and routine checkups. During a checkup, we can help you prevent common dental issues and keep an eye out for things like oral cancer.
November is Oral Cancer Awareness Month, and we are committed to spreading awareness about the importance of oral health. Oral cancer is a severe disease that can be fatal if not caught early, and we want to do our part to ensure that our patients are informed and proactive about their oral health.
Call us today to schedule a consultation in Urbandale, Iowa!
The Importance of Dental Exams in Urbandale – Oral Cancer Awareness Month
Fortunately, oral cancer is relatively rare. But it is possible for anyone, and it’s a good idea to be proactive about early detection. Oral cancer is also one of the most deadly forms of cancer. The good news is that oral cancer is highly treatable when caught early.
During your next dental visit, Dr. Bilbeisi can perform a thorough oral cancer screening as part of our commitment to providing comprehensive dental care. We encourage you to ask any questions about oral cancer and what you can do to reduce your risk.
What Happens During a Checkup?
A routine dental exam is vital for maintaining good oral health. During a routine exam, Dr. Bilbeisi will check for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. He and his team will also clean your teeth and assess your need for fluoride treatment. If you have questions about oral health, this is also an excellent time to ask us.
Oral cancer screenings are also an essential part of a routine exam. We will look for signs of cancerous or precancerous cells in your mouth. Early detection is key to successful treatment, so it is essential to see us regularly.
In the meantime, here are some facts about oral cancer that everyone should know:
Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
There are several risk factors associated with oral cancer, including:
- Tobacco use: Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and smokeless tobacco all increase your risk of developing oral cancer. People who use tobacco products have a six times greater risk of developing oral cancer than those who do not.
- Alcohol use: People who drink alcohol excessively are at an increased risk of developing oral cancer. It is estimated that 75% of people diagnosed with oral cancer are heavy drinkers.
- HPV infection: The human papillomavirus (HPV) is a sexually transmitted virus linked to an increased risk of several cancers, including cervical and oral cancers.
- Age: The vast majority of people diagnosed with oral cancer are over the age of 40. However, the incidence of oral cancer among young adults has increased in recent years due to the increased prevalence of HPV infection.
- Gender: Men are twice as likely as women to develop oral cancer.
- Sun exposure: Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun can damage the DNA in your cells and increase your risk of skin cancers, including those on your lips.
Dental Exams in Urbandale
Oral Cancer Awareness Month is a great time to educate yourself about the risks associated with this disease and what you can do to reduce your risk. Remember to visit your dentist regularly for screenings and cleanings, and don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have about oral health. Together we can help ensure everyone enjoys a healthy smile for years to come!
Parents, are you looking for a family dentist your children will love in Urbandale? Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry is the perfect place for your family. We specialize in caring for the teeth and gums of children, and we know how to make sure that they feel comfortable during their appointment. Our team takes the time to get to know each of our young patients, helping them relax and enjoy their dental care. We are the top children’s dentist in Urbandale.
One of the specialties we provide is preventative dentistry. Our goal is to help your children avoid cavities and other dental problems by teaching them how to care for their teeth properly.
You can trust that your child is in good hands at Cedar Ridge Esthetic & Family Dentistry. We will care for all their dental needs while ensuring they have a fun and enjoyable experience. Schedule an appointment today!
Preventative Dentistry and Caring For Your Children’s Teeth
As a parent, you know caring for your children’s teeth is essential. After all, healthy teeth are crucial for a lifetime of good oral health. But with so many different things to think about, it can be tough to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together this list of eight helpful tips for caring for your children’s teeth.
- Start early. It’s never too early to start caring for your child’s teeth. You should start cleaning your baby’s gums before their first tooth comes in. Use a soft, wet cloth or gauze pad to massage their gums after each feeding gently.
- Use the right toothbrush. The size of the brush matters when choosing a toothbrush for your child. Look for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles. And don’t forget to replace it every three months or sooner if the bristles fray.
- Be gentle. You might be tempted to scrub hard when brushing your child’s teeth, but that can damage their delicate gums and teeth. Instead, use gentle circular motions and let the toothbrush do the work for you.
- Fluoride is your friend. Fluoride is a mineral that helps strengthen teeth and prevent cavities. You can find fluoride in tap water and many types of toothpaste. Talk to Dr. Bilbeisi about whether or not fluoride treatments are suitable for your child.
- Avoid sugary snacks and drinks. Sugar is one of the main culprits behind cavities, so limiting your child’s intake of sugary snacks and beverages like candy, cookies, cake, soda, and fruit juice is essential. Opt for healthier alternatives like fruits and vegetables instead.
- Teach them to floss. Flossing is just as important as brushing to keep teeth healthy and cavity-free. Please help your child get into the habit of flossing by demonstrating how to do it yourself and then supervising as they do it themselves until they can do it on their own.
- Schedule regular dental checkups. Cavity prevention is critical, so be sure to schedule regular dental checkups for your child starting at around two or three years old. These checkups will help ensure that their teeth are healthy and that any problems are caught early on.
- Be a good role model. The best way to encourage healthy habits is by setting a good example yourself. Be sure to brush and floss twice daily and visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and checkups. Your children will follow your lead.
Children’s Dentist in Urbandale, Iowa
Cavity prevention starts at home with proper oral care habits. By following these eight tips, you can help ensure that your child has strong, healthy teeth that will last a lifetime. Please schedule an appointment with us today! We would be happy to answer any questions about caring for your children’s teeth.